Be Your Cat’s Valentine: 9 Ways To Spoil Your Cat
Be your cat’s Valentine this year with these 9 ideas! Valentine’s Day is a day that’s meant to be spent with loved ones and who gives you more love than your fur baby? Here are 9 ways to show your favorite feline just how much they mean to you. As an added treat, none of them require leaving your home! In fact, these are things that you can do or try any time of year! Treating your cats well makes them happy, and you know what they say… happy cat, happy life! These ideas will surely have your cat purring.
Have a Cat Treat Baking Party
We all know that the “T” word are a cat’s favorite thing… If you haven’t tried baking healthy treats for your cats yet here is a super simple recipe! You probablyy have most of the ingredients at home already. Your cats will be pacing the kitchen as they bake!
- 2 tablespoons oil (coconut or olive oil work great)
- 1 1/4 cups flour – plus additional flour for rolling dough
- 1 tablespoon dried catnip (optional)
- 3/4 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- cold water as needed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl add oil and mix in 1 cup of the flour until the mixture looks sandy.
- Stir in catnip and carrots.
- Mix in egg. Add a little water if the mixture looks too dry and isn’t holding together. Add a little flour if the mixture looks too wet and sticky.
- Sprinkle the surface with a little additional flour and roll or pat out dough to ¼ inch thickness. Sprinkle dough with additional flour as needed.
- Prick dough all over with a fork. Use a pizza wheel to cut dough into 1/2 inch squares.
- Arrange squares on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until starting to brown. (Bake longer for drier texture.)
- Cool on a baking sheet.
- Store in an airtight container for a week or freeze for longer storage.
Give Your Cat A Spaw Night
Cats love massages just as much as their hoomans, why wouldn’t they? Plus, they are great for them as well. Next time you’re cuddled up with your cat give them a little massage and watch how quickly they get to making biscuits! Not sure how to go about this? Here is some great information on how to give your cat a massage.
Make A Cat Toy With Catnip
Show your love by making a cat toy! Just cut out two hearts (the same size) from a piece of felt, put about a tablespoon of dried catnip between the hearts, then sew the hearts together. It’s that easy!
Always Be There For Your Cats
Can your cat be easily identified if they ever get lost? Check to make sure their information is up to date on their microchip or on their collar! (It’s also a good idea to make sure that they are up to date with shots while you’re at it).
Netflix And Chill With Some Cat TV
Cats love watching other animals almost as much as you’ll enjoy watching them watch other animals! Just pull up Youtube on your TV or phone, search “Cat TV”, and choose from tons of bird videos, fish videos, and other cat videos!
Wine and Dine Your Cat
Nothing says “I love you” like a labor of love! Try this simple 3 ingredient meal for a tasty treat Add some cat wine to make the night extra special!
- Six parts muscle meat with ground bone (chicken thighs, drumsticks)
- One part gizzards or organs (chicken liver, heart, stomach)
- 1/2 part egg (as a protein-rich binder)in with your kitty!
Give Your Cat Boxes, Boxes, and More Boxes
In case you haven’t noticed… cats love boxes and Valentine’s Day is all about love! So, gather up as many boxes as you can and put together a box fort! Tape some on top of others, cut holes for passageways, and let them go wild!
Related: Why Do Cats Love Boxes?
Make A Cat Hammock
Feel like getting crafty? Then this is a win-win! You’ll have fun making this hammock and your cat will love to sleep in it. Make sure you have a few hours set aside to work on this! Macrame can be a bit daunting to learn at first but in the end, you’ll have learned a new skill and it will be the talking point when you have people over (whenever we can do that again. Check out one of our favorite cat hammock tutorials!
Get Your Cat some Modern Cat Furniture
The Refined Feline makes cat furniture that will blend in with your home so that both you and your cat will love it! Need a modern cat tower that is great for multiple cats? The Refined Feline has multiple options and all of the carpets, scratch pads, and cushions can be replaced if worn. Your cat will surely feel the love this Valentine’s Day if you try out any of these fun ideas! Be your cat’s valentine on Valentine’s Day and every day after.