Filed under: Cat Products, Company News, Dog Leashes, Dog Products
Looking for a great stocking stuffer for your favorite furry friend? Or maybe for your favorite pet-owner? We have picked a few of our favorites for all types of pets and owners!
1. Pink Cat Zooquarium Fish Bowl www.therefinedfin.com
2. BarkBox Gift Box Subscription www.barkbox.com
3. Water Walker 3 in 1 Dog Leash with Water Bottle, Bowl, and Waste Bags www.therefinedcanine.com
4. Pet Greens Organic Cat Treats www.petgreens.com
5. Handmade Octopus Cat Nip Toy www.etsy.com
6. The Paw Wash Brushless Paw Washer and Microfiber Mitt www.thepawwash.com
Purr-fectly stylish ways to show off your love for cats!
Need a fun new way to play with your cat?
Here’s what you need:
- fleece fabric— stay away from using yarn as it can block your pet’s intestines if swallowed.
- twine or heavy string
- thin dowel (cut it to size and sand the end — I made mine 17″)
- needle and thread
- fabric scissors
- hot glue gun
- Cut five strips of fleece 6″ long and about 1/4″ wide.
- Place four strips side by side in the center of a 5th. strip.
- Tie ends of 5th. strip together in a tight double knot.
- Cut a 40″ length of jute string (you will tailor the length later). Wrap one end around the tip of your dowel that you have coated in hot glue. The wrap should be about 1 1/2″ in length. (Tip: Apply a bit of hot glue to the dowel, wrap some of the string around it, and repeat until you’ve reached your desired wrap length.) Cut remaining string to 28″ long.
- Bring ends of 5th. strip together again and tie once loosely, leaving a hole.
- Slip the jute line through the hole.
- Pull the 5th. strip of fleece tightly and double knot it around the jute.
- Tie the jute in a double knot.
- Clip extra jute.
- Sew multiple stitches back and forth through the fleece knot to secure the strips. I recommend using a larger needle so you can get through the layers of fabric with ease. (Tip: Don’t skip this step. Without the stitches, your cat can easily pull the fleece strips out — I know this from experience.) Voila! Have fun playing with your pet(s)!
Once again The Refined Feline has won a Cat Fancy Editors’ Choice award. This year it was for our Kitty Ball Bed in Bamboo. This product was recognized for its beautiful design, eco-friendly construction, and of course as a great bed for cats to climb into and curl up. Find more information here: http://www.therefinedfeline.com/kitty-ball-cat-bed.html
On a recent trip to Buenos Aires we visited the Cementerio de la Recoleta, final resting placed of many notable Argentines including Eva Perón. Roaming these impressive tombs we found several felines. Much like the Queen’s Guard of Buckingham Palace, these cemetery guardians seemed to ignore the close-up photographs from tourists, sitting perfectly still in their perches. We only assume their duty is to keep the ghost of these tombs in check when the sun goes down.